Wednesday 22 August 2012

Green, Blue, White

Couple's spot

After a busy week, I went to Pune for a small vacation. Pune is the second largest city in the state of Maharashtra after Mumbai. Normally, it takes about 2 or 3 hours to drive. The highway connecting these two cities is the best I have seen in India not only because of the smooth of roads as well as the view out of the window. The whole world is just full of green, blue and white. If you are lucky, you can also see monkeys sitting on the roadside.




The Entrance
This time, my local friends took me to visit Sinhagad Fort ---"The Lion's Fort" in Local language. It is a fortress located roughly 30km southwest of Pune. It took us another 2 hours to reach there from where we stayed. It has been the site of many important battles in Indian history. The most notable one was the Battle of Sinhagad in 1670. Maybe that is how it got its name. The Fort is situated on a hill rising 1312 metres above sea level. It doesn't look like Great Wall in Beijing , China because the walls and bastions were only constructed at some key places. Most of the area are given natural protection by its very steep slopes.

The Crowds

There is no cable car services here. I was told that it was not a short distance to climb up from the gate to the top spot. Maybe I haven't worked out for long time, I was feeling tired immediately. I reminded my friends for fun that I came for relaxation, not exercises. They laughed and pushed me to continue moving. " You will understand why we took you here once we reach that spot!" They looked really excited. 




After almost 1 hour climbing, finally we reached! Such fresh air! Green Mountains, blue sky, white clouds! Everything smells so clean and you can see the entire city of Pune from here. I do not know Indian history, but I thank my friends to bring me here to see the other side of India. The Fort was used for battles, however, more and more generations visit it for joy and peace nowadays. It has become a happy place for all ages to enjoy the beauty of nature.




The city of Pune under clouds


The word for today:

Zi Ran

自 然

Nature



No comments:

Post a Comment